Sunday, October 28, 2007

Ugh, what a week...

Labels: Uncategorized | Post a Comment

So yes, there is a reason why I am so behind on blogging. It has been quiet a week for us here. Gerry left Monday for New Orleans (he's back now thank god). Cameron has been battling the SAME cold for 4...yes 4...weeks now. Finally on Wednesday after hearing wheezing and constant crankiness (for DAYS...nothing made the child happy...it was tough) I finally called the dr and told them I wanted him to be looked at. The dr confirmed she heard wheezing and put him on a nebulizer in the office for 5 minutes. That was the worst 5 minutes ever. My poor baby did nothing but scream, kick, and cry to the point where he pretty much conked out from being so tired from freaking out. It was so sad. But amazingly, it really really helped him. Before we left the dr's office, the dr requested we get an xray of the chest to check and make sure it wasn't pneumonia. So Thursday morning we went to the hospital, got an xray, or tummy picture as we called it to Cameron, and it came back negative for pneumonia. Again, Cameron was still a happy camper and back to normal since he had the treatment at the dr's office. Here's where it gets great...Friday Cameron goes to daycare and was in a super pleasant mood. Around 11am I get a phone call from daycare...of course my first thought was either he was super cranky or he hit someone (hey my kid is a big hitter so it wouldn't of surprised me lol). My heart totally sunk when I hear "Mrs.K...this is Cameron's daycare...there was an accident here at school..." Oh My God...I knew it wasn't good. Apparently while playing with dress up clothes with the other kids, he found a piece of wire, almost like part of a wire hanger, in the dress up box and he put it in his mouth and hit the back, the soft pallet area. He was bleeding, 911 was called. Of course, my car was being fixed so I freaked and called for my father who works only 2 desks down from me, and he drives me to daycare. The township police called me on the way there and informed me that the paramedics were transporting him to the local hospital to be checked out. CRAP! My father and I keep driving and we got to the hospital before the ambulance got there. I was able to be there as soon as they opened the van doors and he was crying and went right to me. Ugh my heart was broken. My poor baby was in pain. Luckily, he just had an abrasion and there is nothing they can do for it other than just give him so antibiotics and Tylenol/Motrin. So yeah, needless to say...blog hasn't been updated because little man has kept up very busy. He is fine now...loving all the cheese, french toast, ice pops, lolly pops he can get since he has to have soft foods to help avoid irritation. ANYWAY...Gerry was so proud of him for being such a big boy with all of this stuff, he got him some awesome gifts when he came home...A new Thomas book and a HUGE dog that is bigger than his bed so it stays downstairs for him to play with.

Can you tell Ger and Cam were happy to see each other?!


MMmmmmm Ice pops in the tubby...perfect cure for a sore mouth.


2 People love me:

Kristen said...

what a crazy week! ugh, ..! hope this week is very calm..and maybe even boring! :)

Andrea said...

Oh my gosh! That is so scary- I am so glad Cam is okay- it sounds like he is a real trooper.

My DH has been out of town for the last 5 days and I am dying- so I can totally feel your pain on that one!