Tuesday, July 29, 2008

10 on Tuesday

Labels: Uncategorized | Post a Comment

So I'm gonna try something here. One of my favorite photographer/mommy friend Lyndsay (of Life In Motion Photography - if your in Austin...Check her out!), does this cute thing called 10 on Tuesday...just random 10 things going on in her house. So to fill up some blog space...I'm gonna try this out. Let me know what ya think ;-)

So here we go...my first 10 on Tuesday...

1. Cameron has really subsided with tantrums (for now) and is all about helping. Seriously...if you want ANYTHING done by him, just say the word "Help" and he's the man. Even if he starts a fit...All I have to say is "Cameron, Please help mommy and calm down and sit with me" BAM done! I don't know why this works, it just does...for now.

2. My nephew Mason is getting so big. He has this new facial expression that I am dying to get captured on camera. You blow a little in his face and he just scrunches up with this huge smile and squinty eyes. Its addicting to watch and do to him hehe.

3. My niece Madeline told me I was her best friend. Totally made me melt, that is, until she told Cam that he was her best friend. I wonder how many best friends she has. She is so much fun really. She has such a BIG imagination anymore. A few weeks back, she sat down next to me, sighed and said "Sasa...I usually fly here but forgot my wings" wha?!?! She cracks me up. Crazy kiddo.

4. My sister Bonnie has totally been rocking her camera and I am so proud of her...check out her blog and leave her some love :)

5. Cameron has really really really been attached to Gerry's red baseball cap that he got from Rome on our honeymoon. He wears it ALL THE TIME. Very cute. Daycare has been great about letting him wear the hat too.

6. So with Ger being away, I have figured out a whole new way to cooking I think. On Sunday when I went food shopping, I purchased my dinners for the week and PLANNED. Tonight is left overs BUT when Cameron goes to bed, I'm making meatloaf for tomorrows dinner. Less time running around the house with a crazy 2 year old asking for crackers, juice, this, that, so on so forth. Just reheat and serve. If this works out good, I think I will actually stick with it.

7. Anyone else is shock about the prices of groceries any more? Seriously?! I usually buy shredded cracker barrel cheese for my home made mac-n-cheese. It used to be like 2/$6 at the store. I went on Sunday...they wanted almost $6.00 for ONE bag. ONE BAG! I about died. I come home with a fewer groceries but almost spent more. Crazy I tell ya!

8. Cameron is addicted to the Muppet's and Elmo's Potty Time DVD. I am all about the Muppets but If I have to hear Elmo's dad sing about poo poo in the potty again, I think I' gonna loose it.

9. Speaking of potty...Cameron is still trying. I think I figured out how to get him to aim better...Just tell him to stick his belly out and a perfect aim is achieved. Less mess for me to clean :)

10. Yo Gabba Gabba...what is that show? I was flipping through TV the other day with Cameron and he screamed for me to stop on it. I did for a minute and it was like he froze and started doing this funky dance to some "Party in my Tummy" song and now asks for it all the time. It's weird and I'm trying my hardest to not give in to it. Its just weird. Almost like crack for kids or something. Noooooo thank you.

Whew! I did it!

1 People love me:

Anonymous said...

I love 10 on Tuesdays too! LOL about Yo Gabba Gabba. I completely agree--it's just not right. And we almost bought the Elmo Potty Time DVD last week...I think I'll put that off for a few more now!